Re: Compatible VoIP software on Debian

Chris Howie <cdhowie@nerdshack.com> writes:

> I've been searching for a while, with no luck, for some combination
> of software that will let me have a VoIP conversation with someone
> while I am on Debian and they are on Windows.  Someone in #debian
> said Linphone.  It looks nice, but I haven't found any Windows
> software yet that will "play nice" with it.
>
> Can anyone recommend a good pair?  I've been looking at OpenWengo as
> a possible choice -- same client on both systems.  Is the .deb
> release on their site stable enough for voice chat?  (Not interested
> in their video features.)

If you simply want to have a voice conversation with another person
over the internet and if you have no preferences on the underlying
protocol, then I say simply to use Skype which is easly available on
www.skype.com for both windows and linux (.deb package available too),
and lets you talk for free with other skype users.

Alessandro