Re: Disabling Firefox Gestures

> If you uninstall whatever extension is causing the gestures (and
> restart Firefox, of course), you should be set.

I don't have any such extension installed.  Really, I promise!  At one
time mozgest was installed, but about:config has mozgest.browser=false.

This is the stock Debian testing package mozilla-firefox (1.0.7-1)

 Firefox 1.0.7
 Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.0.7 (Debian package 1.0.7-1)

but the issue seems present on other machines with other versions.

One place I notice gestures (unintentional I assure you) is in gmail,
which constantly goes "back" when I'm merely moving my mouse.  Could
this be some tricky javascript business?  Yuck.
--
Barak A. Pearlmutter <barak@cs.nuim.ie>
 Hamilton Institute & Dept Comp Sci, NUI Maynooth, Co. Kildare, Ireland