Re: Installing testing: can't get cable Internet after reboot

Edward C. Jones wrote:

How can I solve my problem?  Do I need to install dnsmasq on T? If so,
can I download it to K then copy it somewhere in T?

Take a incremental backup of T, noting which files which have changed since yesterday's daily backup, then restore T from yesterday's backup. Now your system should be functional again.

Then go back to the list of changed files and play detective, working backwards in time until you find which change caused the failure. If you don't understand the causal mechanism of the failure, post again to this list.

Finally, update all the changed files which are unrelated to the failure, and you're good to go. :-)