Re: Cannon PowerShot A410

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

A little while ago I posted a query on this camera.

No answers.

It turns out it is supported by gphoto2 w/o problems.

However...
make sure that you set
CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV=y
in your kernel. I did not do that and it will not be found without it.

And another thing: when connecting the USB cable, make sure you have the camera in *playback* mode. If you don't, there won't be any connection and you'll be checking your cables all over the place, like I did.

You'll then see:
kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4

and away you go...

nice little camera.

Thanks gphoto2!!!