[OT] MPEG2 on Windows (was Re: How can I play avi, wmv, mov videos on a standalone DVD player?)

On Thursday 29 December 2005 17:45, Ron Johnson wrote:
> kino (which is a non-linear video editor) *might* be able to do
> it, as onw of it's side functions.

Tangential on this topic, I encoded a movie from and AVI created by my
digital camera on my Sarge box to MPEG2 to using Kino. It plays fine on
all my systems, but I've sent it to friends, and they can't play it on
their windows boxes... I wonder what MS has done to mess up that, it
should be a no-brainer? It has to be their fault... :-) I don't have
access to any windows-boxes now, has anybody else had this problem?

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Programmer / Astrophysicist / Ski-orienteer / Orienteer / Mountaineer