Re: Connecting a Windows laptop to a Linux internal network

Ed, you need to go to "network places" in XP, and set up the network there for XP. Make sure you use the same workgroup name as the Linux network. You need "setup a network for home or a small office", choose home.

Now go to your Samba config file and under the workgroup name add the following:

netbios name= (name of the XP box).

Save and restart the Samba daemon.

This is all I needed to network my 3 Linux boxes with the wife's XP.

I turned on "show hidden files" on both....makes life easier.

Ed