Got 2.6.14 to boot

Compiled a non-initrd version. The newest yaird --test gave me the information
I needed to compile but did not produce a good initrd for Debian stock
kernel.

Anyway, the non-initrd kernel I build produces the same errors as the mkinitrd
I did for the stock kernel:
Loads 22,631 symbols, then says no symbols loaded - kernel modules not
enabled.
Lots of undefined symbols in alsa stuff.
Mach64.ko (from John Lightsey's package--the only way it seems to get dri up
and going with this old clunker) produces error: unknown symbol
pci_pretty_name

Otherwize, 2.6.14 works, but ...