Re: Xfce question

--- Simon Huggins <huggie@earth.li> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 08:00:34PM -0500, j Mak
> wrote:
> >     The other day, I installed enlightenment as a
> desktop on xfce. But
> >     I didn't like the feel of it and removed
> enlightenment and all the
> >     files I created during the  installation. Now,
> xfce has no
> >     window-manager and I cannot move the windows
> on the screen. How
> >     can I restore the default settings?
> >     I am running Sarge.
>
> Hrm.  What does update-alternatives --list
> x-session-manager say?  Does
> it still say "/usr/bin/xfce4-session"?
>
> Do you have xfwm4 installed?  Can you run xfwm4 once
> you start xfce?  If
> so then do so and save your session when you logout.
>
> If you can't, and your session manager is pointing
> at xfce4-session then
> try removing ~/.config/sessions/xfce4-session* and
> restarting X so that
> you get the default session back.
>
> Simon

Sorry, the previous  message went to the wrong place.

Hi Simon,

I've the /usr/bin/xfce4-session still; also the xfwm
installed; I've opened it and saved the session,  I've
deleted the ~/.config/sessions/xfce4-session* as you
said and the problem still persists.
Here is the screen shot showing how the windows look
like:

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5908/snapshot16gg.png

Note the missing close and minimzing buttons at the
top corner. Otherwise everything works great, except I
cannot move the windows on the screen.

J. Mak