Re: Xfce question

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 08:00:34PM -0500, j Mak wrote:
>     The other day, I installed enlightenment as a desktop on xfce. But
>     I didn't like the feel of it and removed enlightenment and all the
>     files I created during the  installation. Now, xfce has no
>     window-manager and I cannot move the windows on the screen. How
>     can I restore the default settings?
>     I am running Sarge.

Hrm.  What does update-alternatives --list x-session-manager say?  Does
it still say "/usr/bin/xfce4-session"?

Do you have xfwm4 installed?  Can you run xfwm4 once you start xfce?  If
so then do so and save your session when you logout.

If you can't, and your session manager is pointing at xfce4-session then
try removing ~/.config/sessions/xfce4-session* and restarting X so that
you get the default session back.

Simon

--
... If you want to put your cat out, use a high quality fire extinguisher.
    - ISIHAC