Re: Question about module loading from floppy

On Friday, 23 December 2005 at 14:13:19 +0100, Marc Demlenne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have to start a machine with rescue CD because lilo is broken. (I
> probably just have to run /sbin/lilo as root to correct this) The
> problem is that booting with rescue root=/dev/sda1 won't work because
> my drive is a RAID-5 and I need to load an extra-module to make it
> work.
>
> I have this module on floppy, however. How can I tell Debian to load
> the module from /dev/fd0 before trying to mount root FS ?

IMHO nobody should be without a live CD such as Knoppix or Mepis or DSL
or... See http://www.frozentech.com/content/livecd.php for a more
complete list.

Download one and boot from that.  Then mount the partition on which your
root filesystem is located and copy what you need, do any
necessary configuration (chroot into the mount if necessary).

--
richard