Re: USB flash drive problem

Tatsuya Kobayashi wrote:
Thank you for reply me!

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 21:50:07 -0600
Tatsuya Kobayashi <pikopiko28@gmail.com> wrote:

Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
 Vendor: eM        Model: Bay Reader        Rev: 1.01
Attached scsi removable disk sdb at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 1
 Vendor: eM        Model: Bay Reader        Rev: 1.02
Attached scsi removable disk sdc at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 2
 Vendor: eM        Model: Bay Reader        Rev: 1.03
Attached scsi removable disk sdd at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 3
USB Mass Storage device found at 2

Did you try /dev/sdc ?

I tried to mount /dev/sdc but I couldn't mount it. It's still saying "No medium found" or "special device /dev/sdc1 does not exist."

Well what else can I do to mount USB flash drive? Will the kernel recompile help to fix this problem? I know that my USB drive works on the kernel 2.4 so I think I might be able to go back to kernel 2.4, but can't I really use my USB flash drive on kernel 2.6?

what device under 2.4? multi slot readers show up as different devices. for example, my usb card reader will read compact flash or ? on one slot or other devices on the other slot (very late, can't think). so the cf 1 shows up as sda1 and others as sda2. IOW, pay attention to the different slots and try ALL the potential devices andnote that different things might show up as different partitionas rather than different devices.
hth

Thank you
Tatsuya Kobayashi