Re: Install from usb-stick

Cameron Matheson wrote:

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 12:06:24PM +0100, Thierry wrote:
Yes he is right, and the problem is: How to copy it over the stick?
Thierry

Just mount the iso as a loop-back file and then copy the files over as
normal... e.g:

mount -o loop -t iso9660 netinstall.iso /mnt/cdrom
cp -R /mnt/cdrom/* /mnt/usbstick

Good luck,
Cameron Matheson

Thanks for the help. At last, after a lot of fdisk, mkdosfs and other ... I managed to boot from the stick. It started OK, saw the ISO OK, but then it did not find some files in the iso. Yet they were there. To make the story short, I am getting frustrated after a few days of trials, and I'll stay with CD's for the time. If I get back to it some days, and succed, I let it know.
Thk's any way for your time.
Thierry