Re: Install from usb-stick

Jon Dowland wrote:

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 09:04:00AM +0100, Mirko Parthey wrote:
I have no idea why this doesn't work for you, but may I suggest a
workaround: If you have access to a Debian mirror, you could use the
netboot initrd, so you don't need the *.iso anymore.

I gave up in frustration trying to get a usb-stick to boot correctly in
the past (OP appears to have got further than I had in that respect).
Setting up a dhcpd and tftpd for netboot on a spare machine was
difficult but was the route I eventually went down.

jlquinn is correct, I believe: it sounds like the OP has copied the .iso
file onto the memory stick's filespace, rather than over it.

Yes he is right, and the problem is: How to copy it over the stick?
Thierry