Re: about remove directory

Am Donnerstag, den 22.12.2005, 00:42 -0800 schrieb Nevruz Mesut Sahin:

>    Hello my firend I want to delete every thing inside
> of a directory but there are more than 100.000 files.
> I don't need any files in that directory. if I write
>  rmdir -R /disk4/vmx/sirlo/mesut   the machina asks
> confirmation for all files in this directory. is there
> any one knows the command to clean mesut directory and
> all files in it.

Why don't you just answer all the questions? Too busy?
Even too busy to read the man-page?

As man rm states:

 -f, --force
              ignore nonexistent files, never prompt

So rm -rf /disk4/vmx/sirlo/mesut will kill your Directory.

But be advised to be _very_ careful when combining the -r (-R) and -f
Options. It's easy to do destroy one's system using rm -rf the wrong
way.

Cheers

Michael