Re: Editing textareas in opera/firefox with external editor

Michael Ott wrote on Dec, 21:

[...]

> > Would anybody know if Opera or Firefox have something equivalent to the mozex
> > extension for Mozilla ? I used mozex heavily for editing textareas with vim
> > and spawning mutt to handle mailto links. I'm trying to switch from Mozilla to
> > Opera or Firefox but have just realized that mozex is just too essential to go
> > without.
> Firefox:
> I use mozex with firefox 1.5 and it works. When you search mozex in the
> firefox extensions you find a link to an inofficial version for mozex
> which works with firefox

[...]

Thanks for reassuring me of that, Michael ! I'm still a bit unsure about
installing mozex from that unknown source. Can it be trusted ? Its certificate
is not even signed by a CA, and the site is not part of the mozdev.org
hierarchy.

Just to make sure: did you install mozex from this link ?

https://nic-nac-project.de/~kaosmos/mozex107-en.html

Have you never had any security problems (your data being maliciously used)
after the installation ?

Thanks for the feedback, Michael !
Paulo