Date:    Tue, 20 Dec 2005 19:41:00 CST

Subject: Re: [gnupic] popt and gpsim-0.21.11 CLI on Debian

On 12/20/05, Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu> wrote:
> "Scott Dattalo" writes:
> >On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 22:13 -0600, Mark Rages wrote:
>
> >> Just a guess:  You need to install libdl-dev and libpthread-dev.
> >
> >I'd agree.
>
>         In looking at the Debian packages, I did not find a package
> specificly named libdl-dev but there was one called libdlm-dev.
> Likewise, there wasn't a libpthread-dev but
>
> libopenthreads-dev
> libopenthreads-dev - Object-Oriented (OO) thread interface for C++ programmer
s,

> This library is intended to provide a minimal & complete Object-Oriented
> (OO) thread interface for C++ programmers.  It is loosely modeled on the
> Java thread API, and the POSIX Threads standards.  The architecture of the
> library is designed around "swappable" thread models which are defined at
> compile-time in a shared object library.

I don't think that's the one.

Martin, pthreads and libdl are pretty fundamental libraries.  Perhaps
they aren't packaged separately from the base system.

Since the error occurs on linking, not compiling, that means the
headers are therem but the libraries aren't.  I think your Debian
installation is seriously broken, and you may save yourself time and
hassle by re-installing.   Maybe a Debian guru can help you salvage
your installation.
------- End of Forwarded Message