custom rescue/boot cd? (trouble with intel sata raid ICH6)

Hola!

I just built a server which is using the Intel SE7221BA1-E motherboard which uses the ICH6R/ICH6RW sata raid chipset.

I've built a vanilla 2.6 kernel and included all the drives i need, but I need to create a boot cd which uses this kernel, and starts the install process from there.

I've done a good amount of searching but haven't been able to come up with anything useful. Could anyone help out with what I might need to do? (or know of any good sites explaining the procedure?)

peace.