Slowing down exim4

(Posted on alt.comp.mail.exim over a month ago with no answers - hope someone here can help me on this...)

On my desktop machine (Debian unstable) I have a couple of different programs (fetchyahoo, etc.) that go and get mail and send them to other emails for me. These programs are nice n quick, and exim4 is mailing them out just as fast.

However, my internet provider doesn't seem to enjoy my computer sending email at a rate quicker than one email per 10 seconds. Is there any way I can setup exim4 to send each email 10 seconds apart to avoid too frequent SMTP connections to my ISP?

Or perhaps someone has a better suggestion?