Re: [audio problem] Audio skips

On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 04:26:22PM +0100, belbo wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to find the reason for audio-skipping on my debian etch: when I play
> a song or a movie, and I switch desktop, or I surf, it skips. It seems that I
> can't give any input to X causing important refresh without a skip. It happens
> with any multimedia reader.
>
> What can I try?

The only thing that springs to mind is that you might have X niced to
some value like 10 and its stealing too much cpu time. renice can fix
this.

Any other guess is going to need more infomation, such as:

1) what version of debian are you running?
2) what are your system specs?
3) are you runnning a desktop like KDE or GNOME?
4) what kernel are you running?
5) is your system normally heavily loaded?
5) what are you using to play your song or movie?

Pete