Re: apt-get upgrade - kernel-image

Ernst-Magne Vindal wrote:
Hi,
not sure this is a problem but I'll like to check anyway.

When doing apt-get upgrade the only package listed for upgrade is the
kernel image. this is working fine and I'm not sure what the upgrade will
do.

The sources list say "stable". I got a few packages from unstable, but apt
is configured to default "stable".

Why will apt upgrade the kernel?

The installed ver. is ii  kernel-image-2.6.8-2-386       2.6.8-16
and the same version no. is the one to upgrade.

Can I instead "hold" the kernel-image?

It is a security update:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/debian-security-announce-2005/msg00323.html

I would advise performing the installation.

--

http://debianhomepage.org

http://debcentral.org