Re: SATA RAID 0 on nforce2 400 ultra chipset

Andras Lorincz wrote:
Hi,

I have an asus a7n8x-xe mobo and I thought to buy two SATA hard drives to set them up to work in RAID 0. Is RAID supported for this chipset because I don't want to buy the hard drives in vain? If yes, could someone point me a howto because I never had any experience with RAID. Thanks.
The nForce is a fakeraid, i.e. it isn't actually RAID but software raid with a BIOS GUI thrown on. So if you're thinking of hardware RAID, no you can't do it. You can easily do Linux software raid over you two drives, which is what I use on my VIA/SiliconImage chipset combination with 4 drives. Read the Software RAID HOWTO for more info: http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Software-RAID-HOWTO.html

HTH,
Chris

--
Chris Boot