Re: ext3 trouble

On one system acpi is on, on others I do not remember, but I think is on too. (will check). but non of the systems have nforce2 :-)

More over everything was fine for a long time. The kernel is at least several months old (custom compile). The other packages were upgraded recently.

Lazar
Z F <mail4me9999@yahoo.com> wrote:
 Hello everybody

I am experiencing a strange problem with ext3 partitions.
I have several computers running unstable and they started having
troubles with partitions. Disks get corrupted all the time.
When it happened on one of the computers, I thought it was a drive
problem, but on several at the same time -- sounds strange.
Is there anything interesting happeneing?

The systems run different versions of 2.6 kernel.
Is there anything I can check?

Thank you very much for your kind help

Lazar
http://mail.yahoo.com
A slim possibility is that you have acpi enabled on an nforce2 chipset.
If thats the case, either shut it off, or go upgrade the bios to the
latest as that fixed some other, non-disk related problems that
several of us have had with that chipset.