Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:04:38 +0000 (GMT)
From: Tharglet <tharglet@yahoo.com>
Subject: UK FTP on the fritz?
To: ftpmaster@debian.org

   For the last couple of days I've been irriated by the package manager, and
   unable to install due to the FTP server it was using is dead. I eventually
   found that ftp.debian.org works, but not after a lot of trying to find out
   what the problem was.
   I am  relatively new to Linux, and I didn't find Debian site very useful
   into tracking down the problem, and fixing it.
   I think you should have something that mentions the FTPs used for the
   package manager - it would be helpful to find what ones I can connect to
   when one dies/goes down. It happens to all servers at one point or
   another.
   And Firefox 1.5 - there are old versions of FF on my list, but FF 1.5
   isn't on there - when is that (if ever) going to arrive?
   Tharglet

   Yahoo! Messenger NEW - crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with
   voicemail

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar