Re: Applications Menu

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 03:58:45PM +0100, Joachim Fahnenm?ller wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 04:04:07AM -0500, cc wrote:
> > I am looking to add items to my applications menu and cant seem to
> > work it out. I have looked for some directions and cant find any.
> > Does someone know where I can look to get some info on this.
<snip>
> BTW, the menu system is something I really like about debian!

Me too! But this is most likely a case where the menu system *isn't*
being used. the main menu in the debian-menu system is called "Apps". In
GNOME (and perhaps KDE, I don't know) on sarge the "Applications" menu
is managed by something else (xdg or something).

However, I would advise the OP to use the debian menu system to create
new menu entries (even if they end up under Applications -> Apps -> ...)

--
Jon Dowland
http://alcopop.org/