Thank a lot,
This did the trick,
- boot system with KNOPPIX
- mount the root partition
- mount the dev in the root partition: mount -o remount,dev /mnt/hda1
- chroot into your root partition
- mount /proc
- mount /sys
- edit /etc/yaird/Default.cfg and add
right after the "MODULE evdev" line
- dpkg-reconfigure linux-image-2.6.14-2-686
- umount /sys
- umount /proc
- leave chroot'ed partition and umount it
F8 with recovery console, one big middle finger. Hihi.
This is great.
System is up and running again.