Where is the script update-grub located?

I should like to know where the actual script is so that I can run it from windows.

When I upgraded my kernel-image last-night, I did not reboot the computer until after a few minutes (I had started a game of spider which was looking promising). Now, linux will no longer boot saying some thing to the effect that /sys/boot/hda5/dev can not be found (I'll give you the exact wording if I need to). I beleive that this can be solved with update-grub, but I do not know where it is so that I can run it from Windows.

I thank you kindly in advance.

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.