Re: source packages install

On Mon, Dec 12, 2005 at 11:06:04AM -0500, Martin Lefebvre wrote:
> go with checkinstall...
>
> really simple:
>
> # ./configure ...
> # make
> # checkinstall
>
> it generates and installs a fresh debian package for you

I think he might still at the point of haveing to he told how
and where from to download it -- when he uses a binary package,
apt-get does all of this.

When I last looked at a source package, there seemed to he a bunch
of patch files as well as the cource code proper (I may misremember
the details).  Does the ./configure, make, checkinstall recipe
manage thse too?  The didn't seem to be mentioned on the on-line
manual for new developers.

-- hendrik