Re: DMA not permitted since 2.6.14

Hi David,

I had the same problem with my laptop a while a ago (kernel 2.6.12). It went away once I compiled the PIIX driver statically into the kernel. (You seem to have loaded it as a module, that never worked in my case. I don't fully understand why; maybe it does not get loaded early enough during boot?)

The same kernel-config still works for me with DNA under 2.6.14. (I do not have my laptop here at the moment, therefore I cannot post the .config.)

I hope this helps.

Regards,
           Florian