Re: Ram Not Showing

Hal Vaughan wrote:

> Arrggghhh!  (Not at you -- just at the thought of rolling my own kernel -- for
> some reason, I have *never* gotten a kernel I compiled to work properly!)
>
> Okay.  I've forgotten how, but it's just a little Googling or some man pages
> to remember how to grab a package from Etch on a Sarge system.  But that's
> something I can handle -- however, if I start using a kernel from Etch or
> Sid, will that create any kind of dependency issues?  This is a production
> box, and I want to keep it stable so I don't have to worry about maintaining
> it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Hal

I would start here:

http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html

Then take the config from the 2.6.8-2 kernel you are currently running
and use that for the "oldconfig" step.  Then, go in there and change the
HIGHMEM support options.  I am guessing that your machine currently runs
well with the 2.6.8 kernel.  If so, no sense in upsetting the balance.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto