Re: VIA SATA and the 2.6.0 kernel

r.holleman wrote:

Might be a silly idea but if there are drivers for Windows build why can’t anyone build a linuxtool that converts a windows driver to a Linus driver

The community must bring forward a brilliant coder who can do this.

Or am I too simple??

Please let me now if this is possible or am I just asking something stupid??

René Holleman

Actually, some drivers (see the ntfs 'captive' example) were built this way. The problem is regarding the legality/freedom of this approach.
But there are native drivers for via sata, if that's what you're after.