Re: Controlling volume levels from command line

Le Thu, 8 Dec 2005 14:53:45 -0900
Greg Madden <gomadtroll@gci.net> écrivit:

> On Thursday 08 December 2005 08:27, Sebastien wrote:
> > Le Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:06:59 -0800
> >
> > Justin Gallardo <gallardj@onid.orst.edu> écrivit:
> > > I have been looking for a way to control the volume on my laptop
> > > through the command line for some time now. I use ion3, so I don't
> >
> > You can also use amixer, but it's less friendly in my opinion
> >
> > Seb
>
> I though you did a typo, I use aumix, close.

I did not, amixer is in the alsa-utils package.

bitch ~ % amixer sset Master,0 52%,61%
  Simple mixer control 'Master',0
  Capabilities: pvolume pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 31
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 16 [52%] [on]
  Front Right: Playback 19 [61%] [on]