pls recomend html package

I was wondering if somebody could recommend html package with a special
feature.  I was wondering what package could make a system of webpages and
build an index page.  Not the index page in the sense of the first page
encountered, but an index like in the back of a book.

Reason I want to do this, I am thinking of setting up an intranet on an old
box, and would like to run a httpd that serves only static pages.  Thus,
without CGI, I would not be able to run a search application on the box.

Any ideas appreciated,
---
Scotty