Re: Boot to console

Michael Newlin wrote:
I have installed Sarge/RT-Linux with the Desktop Environment option. However, I need to boot to the console, not the gui. I have lilo configured to boot to either linux or rtlinux, however both options boot to a gui, and running the terminal limits rtlinux’s capabilities.

Any info or direction to this question answered elsewhere would be greatly appreciated.

Please respond to newliml@auburn.edu <mailto:newliml@auburn.edu>.
Thanks,

Mike

Depending on which display manager you are running, one or all three of these commands will stop the GUI at boottime:

update-rc.d -f xdm remove
update-rc.d -f kdm remove
update-rc.d -f gdm remove

Remember to run these as root or with sudo.

Clinton