Re: Cups, Samba and the terror called Windows :)

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 09:43 am, Martijn Marsman wrote:
> Whoops, the testparm ouput is wrong, heres a new one without errors..
>
> /Centauri:/var/lib/samba/printers/test# testparm
> Load smb config files from /etc/samba/smb.conf
> Processing section "[drivers]"
> Processing section "[printers]"
> Processing section "[print$]"
> Loaded services file OK.
> Server role: ROLE_STANDALONE
> Press enter to see a dump of your service definitions
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>         workgroup = AFAB
>         server string = %h Samba Print server
>         security = SHARE
>         syslog = 0
>         log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
>         max log size = 1000
>         socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192
>         printcap name = cups
>         dns proxy = No
>         panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d
>         printing = cups
>         print command =
>         lpq command = %p
>         lprm command =
>
> [drivers]
>         path = /var/lib/samba/printers/test
>         guest ok = Yes
>
> [printers]
>         comment = All Printers
>         path = /tmp
>         read only = No
>         guest ok = Yes
>         printable = Yes
>         browseable = No
>
> [print$]
>         comment = Printer Drivers
>         path = /var/lib/samba/printers/test
>         guest ok = Yes

[print$]
comment = Printer Driver Download Area
path = /var/lib/samba/printers
browseable = yes
public = yes
write list = root @users

chown root.root /var/lib/samba/printers; chmod 777 /var/lib/samba/printers

from then on, anytime you configure a printer in windows, if the drivers
aren't on the server, windows uploads them. and the next time (maybe on a
different computer), should be able to download them so installing a printer
is a double click away.

anoop.