Re: Querying packages about installed files

and debsums for the verifying part

Andrei

Jim Holland wrote:

Hi all

I have been very impressed with aptitude for the way that it handles the
installation of packages.  I have recently moved from Red Hat and this is
a vast improvement.  However I have not been able to see a simple way of
listing what actual files have been installed, or to check whether they
have been changed, corrupted or have incorrect permissions.  With Red Hat
you have the following very useful options:

	rpm -ql [packagename] to get a list of installed files
and
	rpm --verify [packagename] to check the installed files

Are there any similar equivalents with aptitude?

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service