screen with caption and missing %h (hardstatus) data

hi,

I run several testing boxes and one unstable box. On all of them I use
screen with a simple "caption" line where I want to use %h tag for
getting the current hardstats (user@host:path).

The strange thing is, except on one box (my main working box) this does
not work. All of the screenrc files are as is from the screen package
and all have exactly the same .screenrc in my user home, which has just
one entry, the "caption" definition, which is the same everywhere.
But all hosts have an empty %h, except mine. I really don't know why.
Where do I have to look, or what do I have to check, to get this
working? Is there some other package, (term config?) that configures this?

--
[ Clemens Schwaighofer                      -----=====:::::~ ]
[ TEQUILA\ Japan IT Group                                    ]