Sarge CD Install location problem

Hi,
I have an old pentium box that's a candidate for a sarge install.
It has a hdd and a cd. The bios does not detect the cd, and the
boot order can only be set to A:/C: or C:/A:.  Hence, it cannot be
set to boot from the Sarge CD.

I've tried to use debian boot/root floppies to begin the install
but I can only get as far as the network install/download section.
I cannot select to install from CD and tell the installer where
it's located - /dev/hdc - as one could with previous incarnations.

I have tried to use a boot prompt (hdc=cdrom) to no effect.

Network installation with a slow modem really isn't an option.
Hence installation from CD.

I know there are exotic alternatives but what's the simple way to
do this?

	b.