scanner device ?

Hi,

I have an HP 2200C USB scanner.
I am running "unstable"
I installed sane and xsane.
When I turn the scanner on, sane-find-scanner finds it when launched as
root.
The problem is when I launch xsane as root, I find the scanner and may
scan, but when doing it as a simple user no device is found.
I guess it's a matter of permission. I tried to find what was the device
but did not find it.
So:
What is the scanner device?
There is no /dev/usb/scanner*, or no /dev/*scanner*...
(the scanner is power supplied)
--
A powerfull GroupWare, CMS, CRM, ECM: CPS (Open Source & GPL).
Opengroupware, SPIP, Plone, PhpBB, JetSpeed... are good: CPS is better.