Re: Alternative to Microcal Origin?
Philipp Pagel wrote:
Bruno Buys <email@example.com> wrote:
Is there any free software alternative to Origin, the chart plotting
software, with deb packages? I´m looking for suggestions, and trying to
figure which one people seem to like more.
Depending on your needs there are plenty of options. Some feature a GUI
but the most powerful programs usually don't.
- R (http://www.r-project.org)
- GNUplot (http://www.gnuplot.info)
- kst (http://omega.astro.utoronto.ca/kst)
- Scigraphica (http://scigraphica.sourceforge.net)
- labplot (http://labplot.sourceforge.net)
- Scilab (http://www.scilab.org)
- Octave (http://www.octave.org)
- ploticus (http://ploticus.sourceforge.net)
- quickplot (http://quickplot.sourceforge.net)
- rlplot (http://rlplot.sourceforge.net)
There must be many more which I am not aware of.
Personally, I use R -- it's a bit of a challenge to learn at first but
it is incredibly powerfull and totally worth the effort!
The following page gives a comprehensive overview for Debian:
Thanks Philipp! That was thorough. I'll check those.