Re: need a "Swiss Army Knife" rescue disk

Joerg Rossdeutscher wrote:
A bit late, but this has to be mentioned:

Am Sonntag, den 20.11.2005, 20:03 -0500 schrieb mikepolniak:

Now with these two CD's i have everything i need.

I use "R.I.P." - "Recovery is possible".

http://www.tux.org/pub/people/kent-robotti/looplinux/rip/

This thing is great. It
contains stuff like "reiser4" since a long time, comes in different
flavors (Linux, BSD, Netboot, CD), and, very important for me:
It asks which keyboard to use at startup, giving me the opportunity to
choose "german", where nearly every key is in a different place compared
to the typical default(=us) and even the often used y (="yes") nneds
that I press "z" here to get "y". RIP always asks for "1/n" and not for
"y/n".

Console only, grub, LVM on demand, very small download, never missed
anything. Hm, OK, I sometimes missed manpages. It does not contain them,
so I use the ones from the system I am repairing.

Bye, Ratti