Re: 2.6.14 kernel woes

 On Monday 28 November 2005 01:55, Jim McCloskey wrote:
 >> What version of udev are you running? The standard kernel documentation
 >> says that you should use nothing earlier and 058. Stable has 056,
 >>
 >> Jim
 >>
 >>I have not made the jumpt as of yet. Never could figure out how to use
 >> it.
 >
 >Still doing devices, devfs the old-fashioned way. A probe and comvert
 > script to set it up might help.
 >
 >I was wondering: Do these kernels REQUIRE udev be used?

 Devfs is NOT in the kernel. If one wants to compile it, one can put it
 there but it is not in the Sid stock kernel.

 I have resited going to udev because I simply could not figure it out. What
 would be really nice: An instiallation script that takes the current
 working /dev and generates udev rules to reproduce it. One would be free to
 play with them afterwards, of course.

 Note that the udev on Sid requires 2.6.12 or newer kernels so putting this
 on would demand that I leave 2.6.11 behind. If 2.6.14 still does not work,
 then what?