Re: Using wine in Sarge

Am Fri, 02 Dec 2005 18:30:11 +0100 schrieb Antony Gelberg:

> Les Gray wrote:
>> On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 16:09:51 +0000
>> Antony Gelberg <antony@wayforth.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>>It's not hard to backport some apps.  To create your own wine backport,
>>>follow the advice from dpkg bot on #debian on freenode.  Once you have
>>>joined the network, just /msg dpkg simple sid backport and he'll get you
>>>on your way.  Good IRC clients are xchat if you like GUIs and irssi if
>>>you don't.
>>>
>>>Perhaps you would consider making the backported packages available to
>>>others who might like them?  http://www.apt-get.org.
>>>

>> Thanks, I might just go ahead and do that. But that issue with libgcc1
is still there. Do you know what possible pitfalls await me if I just keep
going as is?...

> No, but I wouldn't use any testing binaries in stable.

I ran a mixed system until very recently without any noticeable
issues (until the breakage got too much). I'd like to do a backport
of wine but I've never managed to get anything to build (or even
configure) apart from the kernel and nvidia module, both of which
have their own dedicated build tools. So if this works it will be a
first! :)