Re: How should this procmail-rule be to work?

Søren Christensen wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem with filtering with procmail.

Every morning I recieve this newsletter from a newspaper, but it always
ends up in my inbox, not in the folder i want to.

I have this rule in my procmail-resource:
:0:
* ^FROM_netavis
nyheder

The newsletters header from this mornings is:

After going through the procmail manpages I think I understand what you did wrong. There are miscellaneous meta headers in procmail: TO TO_ FROM_MAILER FROM_DAEMON that are used for very long regex matches to try and find the proper header.

I could not find one called FROM_ as you described in your procmail recipe. I would expect that your procmail logs will reflect this. But you probably have to run with verbose or something to get the logging in effect. That's also in the man pages so I'm going to leave it at that, I'm still on my first cup this morning.

Always log lots of everything in procmail. Unless you have a really good reason not to and you've already determined that everything works. That is to say, if you ever edit the procmail scripts for any reason, leave the logging on verbose for a few days to make sure there aren't any surprises.