Re: Help about tftpd!

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 04:08:16PM +0800, Li Weichen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have encountered a question about tftpd.  I use tftpd-hpa to set up a tftp
> server in my Debian sarge 3.1.  If I start the tftpd use
> '/etc/init.d/tftpd-hpa start' command, I will get the "file not found"
> message after I input tftpboot command at client but the file I want to
> transfer is definitely right there.

Are you sure your files in /var/lib/tftpboot are readable by the tftp
daemon? (in case of doubt make them world-readable).
How exactly is the client side requesting the files (any path component)?
AFAICT, the server is started with option "-s /var/lib/tftpboot", which
sets up a chroot, so file requests are supposed to be relative to that...

Almut