RE: Exim4 & LOG

Hi Marco.  I think you can control that in Exim4 with the log_file_path
variable.  By default, at least with debian, exim4 logs to all the
places you mentioned.  The spec for exim4.5x from exim.org indicates you
can set it as follows:

  LOG_FILE_PATH=syslog  	syslog only
  LOG_FILE_PATH=:syslog  	syslog and default path
  LOG_FILE_PATH=syslog : /usr/log/exim_%s  	syslog and specified
path
  LOG_FILE_PATH=/usr/log/exim_%s  	specified path only

The spec also says this:

		  The value of LOG_FILE_PATH or log_file_path is a
colon-separated list, currently limited to at most two items. This is
one option where 	the facility for changing a list separator may
not be used. The list must always be colon-separated. If an item in the
list is "syslog" then syslog is 	used; otherwise the item must
either be an absolute path, containing %s at the point where "main",
"reject", or "panic" is to be inserted, or be empty, 	implying the use
of a default path.

This makes me think you'd want to use:

   LOG_FILE_PATH=/var/log/exim4/%slog

Since I haven't actually tried this, I can't guarantee it will work like
I'm thinking it should.
Hope this is of some help.

Jason