Configure Network

Hi,
 I was setting up my ethernet connection, using network-admin, in the
mean time there was a power-cut. When I tried to run network-admin, it
gave me some error (something to do with parsing, something to do with
"°*+!")
  here is my /etc/network/interface, i found some junk here
<start>

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface KK°*+! inet static

<end>
Please help me configure my network, is there any other means to
configure network other than network-admin.

Thanks in advance.

Libin Varghese.