Re: Remote X

Philippe Dhont  (Sea-ro) said...

> Can i remote login to a debian linux system with gnome on ?

Yes.

> If so, how do i configure it ?

Xdmcp

I do this via KDM, so the setup is different should you be running GDM.
Basically, you need to enable XDMCP and set the access controls for
accepting clients. For KDE this means changing three lines in two files,
so it's that easy.

> I know in gdm there is a parameter for remote login, does it has
> something to do with that ?

That's what you select when you have an available machine to connect to.
It's also worth setting up X11 forwarding in ssh for quick connects -
rather than starting another X session. Permit X11 Forwarding by editing
/etc/ssh/sshd_config
# X11Forwarding yes

It's well worth sorting this out, since being able to login to any
machine from any machine is liberating and useful.

--
Best,
Marc