Re: realplayer 10 hassles

Alexis Huxley on 28/11/05 20:36, wrote:
Using RealPlayer 10 and it won't output sound anymore, just video, when trying *.ram feeds from websites.

Is the audio device in use? Try 'aumix -W90; killall esd artsd' and then
try again. Also try 'fuser /dev/dsp /dev/audio /dev/mixer', that should
output nothing. What are the permissions/owner/group on those devices?

Gnome is using esd. I killed it as you said but didn't get any joy.

adam@gondor:~$ fuser /dev/dsp /dev/audio /dev/mixer
/dev/audio: No such file or directory
/dev/.static/dev: Permission denied
/dev/mixer:           5197  7145

Do I need permissions of some group for my user?

I tried aoss realplay following some advice I googled, but still no sound.

Thanks

Adam