Re: Mutt & 2 accounts

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 05:55:59PM +0100, Realos wrote:
}
} Hi,
} > Vladimir Zolotykh wanted us to know:
} >
} >Could you please give me some clue how to set up Mutt working with two
} >differenct accounts on the same IMAP server? Entering full server
} >name, user name, and password each time I want to change account is
}
} Is there a special reason using mutt for fetching emails. Why not use a
} special tool built for that purpose, i.e. "fetchmail". It offers more
} options that mutt.

Remember, this is IMAP, not POP3. The messages remain on the server, and
can be filed in various folders on the server as well. This can be
desirable for a number of reasons, not least of which is that your IMAP
provider can be responsible for availability and backups and such so you
don't have to be. Another possible reason is to make the email available
from multiple clients/machines.

I interact with my work email via IMAP using Thunderbird on Windows from
two different machines, but I also have occasion to interact with it using
mutt. I certainly prefer to have my employer's IT department responsible for
making sure that my email is up and available than to be responsible for it
myself.

} cheers,
} Realos
--Greg