Xine Skips Horribly

I am on Debian Woody/Stable with kernel 2.6.8 and
XFree86 4.3.0.1, not compiled from source, running KDE
3.3.2 on top of it. I have installed xine from source
and the video that it plays skips but the audio does
not. I realize that this might not be the optimal
place to post, however I was hoping that someone might
have had to same problem being as this did not occur
when I was using Gentoo with xine. Any help is
appreciated, thanks in advance.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs